Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Way We Walk

Have you ever noticed the way people walk?! Some take long big steps, moving with fluidity, so fast; their beautiful limbs transporting them to and from their destinations. I sometimes wonder if they are in a hurry to be somewhere and how much about the day they miss by moving through it so swiftly. To me the world is so fascinating and ever changing.

Being forced to slow down; I have been missing a lot of the changes to my surroundings, the yellow leaves now covering the sidewalks, the new giant construction on the corner of the street. It’s not because I don’t notice these things in my leisurely walks, but because the restrictions placed on me be my old lady spine (don’t you wish you had one?!) only allow for short distance walks. So even if I wanted to track as much of San Francisco as I could, it would take me a century with plenty of breaks in between.

My sketch is of a young girl walking briskly, I imagine through busy Downtown, on her way to a lunch-in with girlfriends at a little bistro by the Union Street Square. Downtown can only be appreciated and explored on foot, so walking allows for the discovery of its little hidden treasures.

Walking is good for all of us though, not just for its physical attributes but its affects on ones mental clarity and peace. Have you walked today?

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Dang, that girl is smoking! Are you sure she's going to be meeting her GFs because those perky boobs say otherwise. I know, that's your style. But don't you fret, that will be you in no time, catching the breeze, roaming the streets of SF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's got talent thats for sure! Bones will heal, but I'm not sure i'll ever recover from your beauty baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww...thanks you two, i just have to remember to take it easy...sigh

    and baby you got me under a spell yourself :) and thats what i love about us!

    ReplyDelete